Friday, August 6, 2010

Cooperstown

On Wednesday morning (well afternoon because we are the Barclays') we arrived at Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. Cooperstown is a "quaint" little town (sorry, it was the only word I could really use). I was beside myself with excitement about all the different stores I could visit. I saw several bookstores and my eyes brightened...sadly, by the time we finished visiting the Hall and souvenir shopping, the bookstore was closed :-( But, I took a picture of this shirt because it made me smile.

Cole and Bryan looking longingly into the gift shop windows.


We are officially MEMBERS of the baseball hall of fame (at least for this calendar year!)
We received pins for joining the Hall as family members (which is ALWAYS cheaper for us than buying individual day passes) Cole failed at putting the pin on. This is Erin helping him "function". If we never hear the word "function" again after this trip it will be okay!
Travis and Kevin peruse the menu at TJ's the restaurant we chose. After Travis chose his lunch he needed to entertain himself. Abby, was, as always, mortified to be related to him.

These guys were champion resters.

At one point in my young life (mid 70's) my family took a trip to St Louis. We went to a St Louis Cardinals game and I forever remembered a moment in that game when Lou Brock stole a base and it was a milestone moment (apparently) because they stopped the game and presented him with the base. I decided, because nobody could prove otherwise, that this was that same base.

Above the crew watches Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First" comedy routine.



Travis' sandal fell apart and we had to borrow tape from a gift shop to put it back together. It was a "white trash" moment but it was so us. The only group picture we have of all of us. As always nobody does a good job of centering us in the picture. Thank goodness for editing programs.

Over all we had a great visit to Cooperstown. We headed back to our motel to regroup for our next adventure....coming soon to a blog near you...well this one...so stayed tuned!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a blast. Glad you are home now! And....you need me to come and take a picture of your fam....i can center pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that is something I definitely need...some centered pictures of my off-centered family! I was just looking at our last family picture taken two years ago...The boys have changed soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete